Friday, August 21, 2009

HOW TO CLIMB A MOUNTAIN

You are probably wondering what mountain climbing and foreclosure have in common. The answer is that both start from a similar position of being on the bottom and trying to reach a point on the top. If that answer confused you even further, read on and I’ll explain.

During one of my first mountain climbing trips, I looked up at a summit way in the distance and thought, I will never get that far. It was too high, too difficult and I didn’t know that I’d have the energy to do it. I decided to stop looking at the top of the mountain and instead focused on a point not too far away. I told myself I just had to reach that point, and then the next point, and so on. After a while (quite a while actually), I was standing at the top.

Facing foreclosure is overwhelming. There are so many questions. Can you save your house? Should you try to negotiate the loan? How much can you pay? Who can help you? Its like standing at the bottom looking up and not knowing if you can get to the top.

Much like the mountain climber, you need to take things one step at a time. Instead of thinking about how you are going to solve the problem in one big step, focus on that point just in front of you. What are your options?

Speaking with a foreclosure attorney can help you figure out what those options are. If you were served with foreclosure, an attorney can help extend the process and give you time to figure out what you are able to do. If you are behind on your payments and believe foreclosure is coming, you can start working with your lender to prevent this from happening.

You cannot climb a mountain in one step and you cannot deal with a foreclosure or potential foreclosure situation in one step either. You need to address both situations one step at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment